On Thursday 21 December, Elia’s Board of Directors appointed Bernard Gustin as the new chairman of the Board of Directors, for a period of 3 years with immediate effect. Bernard Gustin has been an independent non-executive director of the Elia Board since 16 May 2017.
Elia System Operator SA/NV (Euronext: ELI) (“Elia”
or the “Company”) has been informed that IFM Investors (via Global InfraCo
S.à.r.l), its partner in the joint venture Eurogrid International SCRL, the holding company above 50Hertz Transmission GmbH (“50 Hertz
Transmission”), is in discussions to sell half of its 40% participation in
Eurogrid International SCRL to State Grid Corporation of China, or one of its
Elia is positive on the 2017 Group results
• Elia is positive on the 2017 Group results
• Nemo Link, joint venture between Elia and National Grid, starts laying subsea cable between UK and Belgium
• Elia awards submarine cable installation contract for Modular Offshore Grid
• South-West Interconnector fully commissioned
• Elia invests in Enervalis, an energy software start-up that develops smart solutions for the energy system of the future
• Roberte Kesteman appointed independent director of the Elia Group
At the Elia group special general meeting held today in
Brussels, Roberte Kesteman was appointed as an independent
Highlights for the first half of 2017
- Grid investments of €192 million in Belgium and €97 million in Germany to secure further the uninterrupted supply of electricity and to accommodate increasing renewable energy flows.
- Very high system reliability (99.999%), benefiting 30 million end users in Belgium and Germany
- Normalised net profit up 31.1% to €111.0 million, mainly as a result of the realization of strategic investments and higher contributions in customer connections in Belgium (up 46.3%) and strong operational performance in Germany (up 16.8%).
Good progress made on energy transition in Belgium and Germany
In April 2017, Elia approved formally the investment for an 'electricity plug' or a 'modular offshore grid' (MOG) in the North Sea. Choosing in favour of an MOG is of strategic importance for the future of Belgium in terms of its participation in the further development of renewable energy in the North Sea.
The Annual General Meeting of Shareholders today approved the financial results for the 2016 financial year and agreed with the proposed gross dividend of €1.58 per share.
The annual report provides a general overview of Elia and 50Hertz’s activities in 2016 and focuses on Elia’s new strategy and its main challenges and activities in Belgium. The first paper copies of the report will be available in May.