• Grid investments of €636.7 million in Belgium and €491.5 million in Germany to ensure a reliable, sustainable and affordable energy system that meets society’s demand for appropriate actions against global warming and climate change.
• Very high system reliability (99.999%), benefitting 30 million end users.
• Acquisition of an additional 20% stake in Eurogrid International in April 2018, resulting in full control over Eurogrid and a change in consolidation method.
• Normalised Net profit up 38.0% to €280.8 million as a result of the acquisition of additional shares of Eurogrid, solid operational Performance and release of a legal claim provision in Germany together with the realisation of strategic Investments in Belgium.
• Net profit (Elia Group share) up 32.0% to €275.2 Million.
• Dividend of €1.66 will be proposed at the General Meeting on 21 May 2019.
With the third Open Innovation Challenge, Elia Group calls for ideas from start-ups across the world to improve the day-to-day operations of its two electricity transmission companies: Elia in Belgium and 50Hertz in Germany.
As a result of the implementation of the capital increase in favour of the members of the personnel of Elia System Operator NV/SA and its Belgian subsidiaries, as recorded in a notarial deed dated 20 December 2018, Elia System Operator NV/SA has issued 114.039 new shares.
Electricity transmission system operator Elia had lodged an appeal against the provision of the CREG’s tariff methodology 2020-2023, regarding the impact on regulated tariffs of loans contracted to finance non-regulated activities.
Elia System Operator NV/SA (“Elia”), the Belgian transmission system operator, has successfully launched a €500 million Eurobond under its €5 billion EMTN programme (Euro Medium Term Note).
On Friday 30 November, the Elia Group published its interim statement for Q3 2018.
• Elia successfully completes long-term financing for the acquisition of an additional 20% stake in Eurogrid
• Elia welcomes German Bank KfW as new shareholder in Eurogrid
• Elia, SettleMint and Actility launch one of Europe's first blockchain pilot projects in the energy sector
• 50Hertz puts CompactLine into operation
• Financial outlook for 2018 slightly raised
Today, Elia System Operator SA/NV ('Elia') successfully launched a EUR 300 million 10-year senior bond and EUR 700 million perpetual hybrid to refinance a bridge loan for the acquisition of an additional 20% stake in Eurogrid International SCRL (‘Eurogrid’).
Elia System Operator SA/NV (‘Elia’) announces the closing of the Transactions with IFM Global Infrastructure Fund (‘IFM’) and the German state-owned bank Kreditanstalt fu¨r Wiederaufbau (‘KfW’) regarding a 20% stake in Eurogrid International (‘Eurogrid’). With the close of these transactions, KfW, on behalf of the German Federal Government, replaces IFM as shareholder in Eurogrid, the holding company of the German transmission system operator 50Hertz Transmission GmbH (‘50Hertz’).