General terms and conditions governing the use of the Elia website
General terms and conditions governing the use of the Elia website
This website (hereinafter the “Website”) is an initiative of Elia Group SA, with registered office at Boulevard de l’Empereur 20, 1000 Brussels, registered with enterprise number 0476.388.378, in the Brussels Business Register (hereinafter “Elia”).
1. Acceptance of general terms and conditionsWe invite users to carefully read these general terms and conditions governing the use of our site. A link to the general terms and conditions can be found on the homepage. By using the Website www.elia.be and or www.eliagroup.eu and orwww.elia.jobs users agree unconditionally to the general terms and conditions.
2. Use of the siteThe content of this Website is provided solely for users wishing to have general information about Elia and its activities. Access to the extranet via a password is subject to special conditions. The content of this Website may be used solely in connection with the services offered on the site and for personal use. The content of the Website may not be used as a basis for any assessment of Elia and may not, under any circumstances, constitute any arrangement binding upon Elia and its content is not enforceable against it. Nothing on the Website can be construed as an offer of purchase for the delivery of services or the conclusion of a contract.
3. Unlawful or prohibited useThe user undertakes to use this Website in compliance with all laws and legal and/or contractual provisions. The user may not use the Website in a manner which could harm the interests of Elia, its suppliers and/or customers.
4. Warranty and limitation of liability
a. General limitation of liability
To the extent legally permissible, Elia cannot be held liable (whether in contract, tort, delict, quasi-delict, statute or strict liability) for any direct or indirect damage, or for any damage of any kind, arising in connection with the use of the Website or the inability to use it for any reason whatsoever, even if Elia was previously made aware of such damage. Elia cannot be held liable under any circumstances for the acts of users of the Website, nor for their incorrect understanding or misuse of data or information published on the Website.
b. No liability for damage to computer systems
Users acknowledge and accept that they use the Website on their own responsibility. Any content that is downloaded or acquired in any other way in connection with the use of the Website is done at the user’s own risk. Users acknowledge and accept that Elia cannot be held liable for any damage to their computer system or any loss of data incurred in connection with downloading any content from the Website.
c. No liability for third party content
Websites to which hyperlinks are included from the Website are not checked by Elia and Elia cannot be held liable for any inappropriate, illicit or illegal content on those websites or for the hyperlinks that those websites have to other websites. The presence on the Website of hyperlinks to third-party websites does not imply, under any circumstances, an approval or quality guarantee by Elia.
d. No liability for unavailability, incorrectness, incompleteness or untimeliness
This Website is provided as is. To the extent legally permissible, Elia excludes its liability for and does not guarantee:
- that the service will be provided without interruption or that it will be 100% reliable;
- that the information obtained by using the service is accurate, true and/or free of errors, or that any errors related to the service will be corrected;
- that the Website will be complete at all times and in all aspects; and/or
- that the Website will be up-to-date at all times and in all aspects.
5. ContactUsers may send in their comments, suggestions or concerns by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by post (Elia, Communication, Keizerslaan 20, 1000 Brussels, Belgium).
6. Intellectual property rights
All materials available on this Website (including, but not limited to, texts, pictures, images, icons, videos, software, databases and data) are protected by intellectual property rights or related rights.
In particular, the names and logos of Elia appearing on this website are protected by trade mark and copyright laws and treaties. The Elia brand, trademarks or logos may only be used in relation to products or services offered by Elia and may not be used, under any circumstances, in a way that is likely to create confusion amongst consumers or to damage or discredit Elia.
In addition, third parties may have rights (including intellectual property rights) on some of the data available on this Website.
Unless this Website expressly indicates otherwise, users may not, under any circumstances, copy, reproduce, represent, modify, transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, broadcast, grant a sublicense or sell by any means or in any manner, all or any part of this Website without the prior written permission of the holder of the copyright or related right.
8. Disputes, jurisdiction and applicable law
These general terms and conditions are governed by Belgian law (with the exception of the rules concerning conflicting laws). Any dispute arising from, or related to, the use of this service will be subject to conciliation between the parties. Should such conciliation fail, the dispute will be referred to the courts of Brussels (Belgium). Elia reserves the right, at its discretion, to refer disputes to another court having appropriate jurisdiction.
In the event of any judicial or administrative proceedings, a printed version of this agreement and of any other warning messages sent in electronic format shall enjoy the same standing as other documents and trade registers created and stored in hard copy.
The following disclaimer is applicable to each e-mail and its content coming from Elia : «This message and its attachments may contain confidential information protected by intellectual property rights or other rights & is strictly for the exclusive use of the intended recipient. It is strictly prohibited to copy, alter or disclose this message or its contents to any other person without Elia's prior consent. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please inform the person who sent it and delete the message from your system. Elia is not liable for any direct or indirect damage arising from errors, inaccuracies or any loss in the message, from unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of it or as a result of any virus being passed on. This message does not constitute any commitment from Elia except when expressly otherwise agreed between the intended recipient and Elia. »