22 February 2019
Elia Group full year 2018 results
Strengthening our position in 50Hertz while progressing well in key investments
- Grid investments of €636.7 million in Belgium and €491.5 million in Germany to ensure a reliable, sustainable and affordable energy system that meets society’s demand for appropriate actions against global warming and climate change.
- Very high system reliability (99.999%), benefitting 30 million end users.
- Acquisition of an additional 20% stake in Eurogrid International in April 2018, resulting in full control over Eurogrid and a change in consolidation method.
- Normalised Net profit up 38.0% to €280.8 million as a result of the acquisition of additional shares of Eurogrid, solid operational performance and release of a legal claim provision in Germany together with the realisation of strategic investments in Belgium.
- Net profit (Elia Group share) up 32.0% to €275.2 million.
- Dividend of €1.66 will be proposed at the General Meeting on 21 May 2019.